Top 10 FAQ's
1. How long does it take to complete the home staging course? The AHS course is a one-day course, but depending on your skill level, can be completed online between 4 to 8 hours depending upon the time that the student spends on the Work Sessions, the Knowledge Checks and in taking the final exam. Everyone moves at their own pace and may elect to review any number of sections more than one time, which has a direct affect on the total time. The live home staging class version of the course will either be a half day or a full day, depending upon the instructor delivering the course and the time spent on the Work Sessions.
2. Can I use the AHS designation immediately after completing the course? Yes, the AHS home staging designation is awarded upon completing the course and passing the final examination.
3. Is the term "staging" federally trademarked? No. The term staging has been around for a long time and although there are those who indicated that it is trademarked it is not. Anytime there is a question like this you can do your own research by checking with the Trademark office click here.
4. What will I be able to do after taking home staging training? You will have a very solid foundation in the art of staging a home for sale. The information you will have gained will provide you with the tools to be very comfortable in explaining the process to your clients and assisting them in developing a staging plan for their home. You will be able to offer staging as a true value added service that will provide your clients with a faster sale and a higher sales price.
5. Does this course count for CE? The online version of the Accredited Home-Staging Specialist course (AHS) does not at this stage provide any CE credits in any state. The classroom version may, depending upon the real estate school that is delivering the course.
6. What additional fees or expenses can I expect? One year after you have completed the course and every year thereafter on the anniversary date, there is an annual membership fee due to the Council of Home-Staging Specialists of $99 per annum. This will be automatically paid with your credit card provided. The council provides a variety of services from newslettter, to press releases and marketing information and hosts the Staging Specialist website that is lists all AHS designees by state and is optimized to reach top rankings on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, MSN and AOL. Additionally your membership dues must be current in order to use the AHS designation in any of your marketing or communications. We reserve the right to pursue legal action and/or notify appropriate authorities for unauthorized use of our trademark.
7. Do I need any previous experience with interior design or decorating? No. The AHS Course has been designed with the real estate agent in mind. It has been developed to provide agents that have no background in either interior design or decorating with a solid foundation in Home Staging.
8. Will this course teach me to be a professional home stager? No. The AHS home staging training course was not designed to make a professional real estate agent into a professional Home Stager. As a real estate agent your job is to efficiently and effectively facilitate the real estate transaction and the AHS course gives you an additional skill set to help you do that job faster and more effectively.
9. Do you have to be a licensed real estate agent to earn the designation? No. The Accredited Home-Staging Specialist (AHS) course focuses on giving anyone a foundation and solid overview of all the key aspects of home staging. Home staging skills are not difficult or complicated. They can be quickly and easily learned just by following the basic interior design principles which are detailed during the course. The knowledge you gain will last a lifetime and your skills will become second nature as you put it to work in your business.
10. Be the best you can be.